“We were so concerned with Sam’s anger that academics was, really, an afterthought for us. It wasn’t, however, for Coral Reef Academy. Not only did Sam catch up on credits while at Coral Reef Academy, but he actually started talking about his favorite classes during our phone calls. Favorite classes? That was a first!” -Sally G.
When young men come to Coral Reef Academy, some are struggling emotionally but managing to excel academically; others may have fallen behind in school due to emotional difficulties, absences or learning challenges. We provide a full high school curriculum as well as college coursework and are able to accommodate those students who need challenging, advanced coursework as well as those needing extra assistance. Our academic program is fully accredited by the Northwest Association of Accredited Schools (NAAS) with instruction provided by our own team of professional teachers and content provided by Park City Independent and Brigham Young University.
In addition to working toward or earning a US high school diploma and/or lower division college credits, students at Coral Reef Academy have the following academic options depending upon
- Prepare for and take the SAT and ACT
- Receive college counseling and help with college applications
- Receive vocational training
- Teacher supervised accommodations for learning differences including ADD/ADHD
- Study for and take a high school equivalency exam (GED)
- Continue unfinished courses at home after leaving Coral Reef Academy